In Fragrant gold and silver mining
took place already in 1350 for the supply of the mint of Lienz. At 1500
work concentrated on the "Goldberg at the Kessl lake".
In the years 1740 to 1780 up to 1000 metric
centners of pure copper and up to 4000 metric centners of sulphur were
extracted every year. At the beginning of the 20th century
the business was maintained with only a few workers.
The great copper need of the 1st World War
"Ärar" to purchase the Fragant pits in 1916 and to restart
About 300 workers were on duty and about 100 000 metric centners of iron
pyrites were extracted annually. After the collapse of the year 1918 the
Fragant copper mining was stopped.